Pages

Letters From The Fishbowl

The life, times, fiction, and mind-lint of V.B. Rising. Enter at your own risk, traveler, for here there be rants and misplaced modifiers.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Little

Here's a poem I wrote in high school.*  It was originally published in the very short-lived school literary magazine.  I'm posting it here because I think it's cute, and I remember glowing when a really intimidating upperclasswoman told me her English class had discussed it and they'd all really liked it.**

Little

This little poem is not my best,
a little weaker than the rest,
a little less important,
and a little waste of air.
A little something thrown together,
there's little wisdom here to share.

But with a little bit of heart,
this verse could play its little part.
A little touch of magic
and a little slice of thought
could make this poem something big...
even though it's not.






*Surprisingly not emo.
**If you think publishing a cute poem well-loved by upperclassmen-and-women is enough to make the rest of the school forget that you think "Pirate" is an acceptable fashion statement, hey, I've got some bad news for you...

2 comments:

Shana said...

Who was the upperclasswoman?

V. said...

I don't remember; that was the only time she ever talked to me! I feel like she was in Madrigal Choir, maybe...